Buying a present for my mother is almost impossible. She has everything she needs. She never wants anything new. And unless I get it 90% off, I feel like I’ve let her down. Okay, maybe I exaggerate a bit. But the truth is that I have hit the Outlets and the Landing this week looking for something to give my Mother for Mother’s Day and nothing seems right. I am empty handed and with Mother’s Day on Sunday, that is not a good thing.
She deserves much; I offer her little….a small part of myself…
I do not tell her enough how much she means to me and everyone around her. I do not tell her enough that she is a good mother and that she makes a difference in this world. I do not tell her enough that by her example she has taught me many, valuable things.
• a love for music
• the worth of family
• the importance of truth
• how to show forgiveness
• how to cook for my family
• how to clean and take care of a house
• how to be gracious and hospitable
• the value of hard work
• sacrificing for others
• caring for the lonely and elderly
• always being there for your children
• how to love your husband
• faithfulness to Christ and His church
I can only pray that I will be the same type of example to my own precious children.
Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! You are loved!
“Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her,” Proverbs 31:28.
* Update – My husband took me out to eat Chinese tonight and walking past a store I thought I would givce it one more try. And wouldn’t you know it, I just found the perfect gift! Feeling pretty good (and it was on sale)!